FIRI Consulting CC
Retort operators and other personnel responsible for product safety and quality require an understanding of the theory and the operating practice of retorting, including heat transfer considerations and the lethal effect of heat and correct procedures in respect of departures and recording keeping..
- To equip participants with theory that will enable them to understand all aspects of retort operations better.
- To provide
participants with the correct operating procedure to ensure a safe quality product after heat treatment.
At the conclusion of the course participants will:
- Understand when and why a retort is chosen to heat products.
- Understand what heat penetration tests and F0 values are.
- Understand how a retort works.
Resulting in :
- Empowerment of retort operators
with the theory to understand their job.
- Limited troubleshooting by operators.
All retort operators, senior canning
staff, canners and the mechanics involved with fillers, seamers and with measuring apparatus in the cannery.
course is presented as an inhouse course at the factory
FIRI Consulting CC Members LR Williams, CR Miller, WH Hall
Reg. No. 2005/107359/23