FIRI Consulting CC
The complexity of science and technology involved in the food manufacturing process has a considerable impact on the quality and safety of the products and, ultimately, on the profitability of the organisation. It is thus important that all staff involved in any aspect of food processing understand the interactions and importance of the various steps involved.
- To put chemical, biochemical and microbiological aspects of food raw materials into perspective with preservation and processing
- To introduce the participant to the safety, quality and legal aspects of the South African and global food industry.
At the conclusion of the course participants will:
- Better understand the technical challenges and opportunities within
the food processing industry.
- Understand the basics of food chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, food preservation and food spoilage.
- Understand the basics of food quality management and legislation.
Resulting in :
- A common understanding of technical challenges which
allow a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
- All staff involved in a food manufacturing concern understanding the technical
constraints of various processes.
Any individual within the general food industry wishing to gain a broader understanding
of the field of food technology e.g. managers (financial, sales, marketing and purchasing), support staff, engineers and production
staff with no formal training in food technology.
FIRI Consulting CC Members LR Williams, CR Miller, WH Hall
Reg. No. 2005/107359/23